How To Avoid The Relocation Pitfalls
Relocating a house can be a profitable strategy for multiplying your income streams, but there’s some costly mistakes you’ll need to avoid, writes Claire Hutchinson.
1 September 2018
There’s an important fact about property The Relocatable House Co. has known and used for a long time and that is the simple method of relocating houses to improve property values and rental yields.
While most investors and home buyers think that they can’t have their own home or afford an investment property because of economics, The Relocatable House Co. are helping their clients to achieve their investment and home ownership goals with their simple proven formula.
House relocation will be the smartest thing you ever do and the team at The Relocatable House Co. want to help you on the path to achieve your property goals.
Here’s why relocating a house will be the smartest thing you ever do:
- You can massively increase your rental yields or create large development profits by relocating an existing house for a fraction of a rebuild cost.
- Best of all the process is simple. Simple, but not easy. Sadly, without the right knowledge the experience can turn into a nightmare.
Making a profit relocating a house is no different from baking a cake – you need a proven recipe and a simple stepby- step process to guarantee you get the result you are after.
Without a recipe or formula the process can be tricky, which is why The Relocatable House Co. have put together a guide for their clients that outlines everything they need to know to prepare.
‘Failing to complete this one key step will result in budget overruns, disgruntled partners, unhappy bank managers, decreased rental returns, and less equity in your home’
The guide titled “The Definitive Guide to Relocating a House - 7 most costly mistakes to avoid” covers the most valuable information to ensure your project is a success.
The seven most costly mistakes to avoid when relocating a house:
- Not having a clear intention or outcome for your project. Know what you want. Begin with the end in mind.
- Not understanding the entire house relocation process. “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination” – Fitzhugh Dodson.
- Not having a budget and keeping to it. Failing to complete this one key step will result in budget overruns, disgruntled partners, unhappy bank managers, decreased rental returns, and less equity in your home. Please Note: Ignore this advice at your own peril.
- Not having your finance organised prior to purchasing your relocatable house. If you don’t have a mortgage broker, then The Relocatable House Co. can point you in the right direction. Give the team a call and ask us how we can help.
- Not doing your homework before you buy your land or section. Not having your finance organised prior to purchasing your relocatable house. Ask The Relocatable House Co. about their Site Audit Report https://relocatablehouses.co.nz/projects/siteaudit- reports/.
- Not knowing what to look for when buying a house for relocation
- Not knowing what is involved when your house arrives on your section. We have expert sales consultants, qualified architectural designers and dedicated project managers who can help you with your project ensuring your success.
The 11 questions to ask a relocatable house company to make sure you are getting the best deal.
The five step-by-step blueprint you must follow prior to a house relocation project that will massively increase your chances of success.
To get a copy of The Definitive Guide to Relocating a House visit The Relocatable House Co. website and set yourself up for a successful house relocation project. https://relocatablehouses.co.n... download-our-buyers-guide/
At The Relocatable House Co. we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a professional services firm in the house relocation industry. As a house relocation specialist, we can help you achieve your dreams of becoming a property investor, creating equity, sub-dividing your land and creating future income. Land research, project feasibility, house relocation, project management and architectural design services are all part of our expertise, enabling us to help you save money on demolition and bring you a step closer to your goals.